You’ll go Bananas for these Cupcakes!
by Coco | July 5, 2009 8:42 pm
Why is it that when you take your eyes off the fruit bowl for one day the bananas end up black and overripe? I hate to see fruit go bad and luckily when it’s bananas you can still use them for yummy banana bread or in this case banana cupcakes!
Be sure to visit Kitchen Rap & Gourmet Girl’s 2009 Summer Cupcake Crawl to vote on the luscious cupcake entries.. of course a vote for me would be great too!
4oz (125g) butter
6oz (175g) sugar
2 large mashed ripe bananas (or 3 med sized)
1 tsp Baking soda
2 Tbsp boiling milk
1 tsp baking power
8oz (225g) flour
- Cream butter & sugar for around 2 minutes preferably in your stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Or you can do it by hand if you’re up to it!
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add mashed bananas.
- Add baking soda that has been dissolved in hot milk.
- Lastly mix in sifted flour & baking powder.
Spoon into cupcake papers and bake at 350 deg F for around 20 mins. They should begin to get golden on top but don’t over bake.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk, (or you can use heavy cream for thicker glaze)
- extract/flavoring – I used Banana and it was great!
- Melt 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) of butter in a saucepan or microwave.
- Sift 2 cups of powdered sugar into a medium size bowl.
- Add the melted butter to the powdered sugar.
- Add 2 tablespoons of milk.
- If desired, add 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract or 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla for flavor.
- Beat until smooth and creamy, adding a little more milk if necessary.
- Drizzle over a cooled cake.
- For a richer and creamier glaze, use heavy cream in place of the milk.
- Substitute citrus juice for the milk and add a little grated zest for a citrus glaze.
Source URL: https://cakeartisan.com/2009/07/youll-go-bananas-for-these-cupcakes/
Copyright ©2017 Coco's Creative Kitchen unless otherwise noted.